Friday, March 5, 2010

Permanently Temporary

This citrus plant requires no watering!

Don't you just love those little birds sitting on the ledge of this baseboard??

Often Feng Shui advises elevating the Chi of your space by adding a nature element such as plants. But you say you have a brown thumb. Or that your space doesn't get enough light. What does a Feng Shui abiding person to do? I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of silk flowers and plants. Don't get me wrong, they have gotten them to look so real these days that I have accidentally watered a silken beauty or two. But silk fauna is not really my aesthetic preference. And I really believe, especially as designer, that your space should follow the Feng Shui principles that will help you achieve your objective, but it should be aesthetically pleasing to your eyes.

That's why I am so excited about the concept of wall stickers. They really are a fun way to jazz up a space and bring some life into your Chi deprived rooms. Innovative folk such as Ferm Living have really done a great job in creating wall stickers for all tastes. Of course real is always better, but wall stickers are a great modern day alternative. Since they are easy to apply and easy to move around, you have no excuses now!

No comments:

Post a Comment