Saturday, December 19, 2009

Maybe I promised you an Herb Garden



As the temperature in NY creeps closer to freezing and darkness falls at 5pm, it’s frighteningly tempting to crawl under the covers and eat microwave popcorn in front of the tube. But of course that doesn’t sound familiar. What I find makes the dreary days of winter more manageable is bringing a bit of nature indoors and what better way than with edible greenery? Planting an indoor herb garden with herbs such as mint, parsley, chives, or rosemary will not only bring nature’s chi or life energy into your home, it will also encourage you to eat fresh and eat locally. I also love recycling tins as shown here. Spring feels that much closer with a cup of fresh mint tea and a sprinkle of chives on your baked potato.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Any tips on how to maintain a tea-box herb garden? I don't have much of a green thumb but really like the idea...

    ReplyDelete