Thursday, December 31, 2009

Blue Moon, A Second Thanksgiving


Chances are, you are getting ready to head out for a night of celebrating. Or maybe you're just getting ready to hunker down, getting comfy to count down with Dick Clark - oops, did I just date myself? I meant to say Ryan Seacrest. I know, I know, what am I doing writing a blog just hours before the ball drops? Shouldn't I be getting ready too? No worries my dear readers, I will be getting ready shortly. I just wanted to do one thing before I did.

As many of us are already looking ahead to a long list of 2010 New Year's resolutions, I wanted to remind you to step on the brakes. Today I took a quiet moment to look back at 2009 and I remembered all the things that happened in my life this year. Granted, it wasn't the easiest year but if I really think about it, it was a combination of all those things that got me here to this moment. I found myself filled with gratitude.

Tonight during this unusual Blue Moon that apparently only comes one in a blue moon (ok sue me, I couldn't resist) try to take a moment and do the same. Think back on your 2009, appreciate all the things that have happened, whether good or bad, and be grateful. Then if you have time, do something that you would do only "once in a blue moon", kiss a stranger at midnight (if you're unattached of course), karaoke, or even find forgiveness and bury a grievance. The prior recommendations are definitely fun but the latter suggestion is probably the one I'd advocate the most today. Because in Feng Shui, completion is a wonderful thing. It allows room for new and wonderful gifts to enter into our lives.

Thank you 2009. Here's to a phenomenal 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment