Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weather Report

Ancient Chinese Herbal Remedy

You've probably noticed that I disappeared for a few days. Unfortunately, I've been feeling a bit under the weather. I guess that's no surprise considering the weather. So I decided to nurture my Chi back to health with some good old fashioned rest. My good friend Lea gave me the best advice for when I'm sick, "As soon as you feel the slightest sign of ill-health, make my ginger tea. It will knock whatever it is right out." (Sorry Lea, I am quoting you but in my sickly haze I have paraphrased a bit) So please find below my version of her wonderful Ginger tea. I'm sure that my trusty nettie pot along with this delicious tea will have me back on the road to recovery in no time.

Lea's Get Well Ginger Tea

1" chunk of fresh ginger
At least 3 cups of water (preferably filtered)
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp of honey

Peel ginger. I use a spoon to scrape the skin off. Slice and dice as you wish. Put ginger into a tea kettle with the lemon juice. Heat all ingredients until it comes to a boil and for all the flavors to infuse. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes on stove top. Pour into your favorite teacup and add honey. 
 
Couldn't help but to include a couple of great mugs I found online!
Top: Velocityartanddesign.com   Bottom: Taika Mug by Klaus Haapaniemi for Iittala

As you can see this is my first time writing a recipe so please feel free to adjust measurements to your own palette. It's not an exact science but just make sure you make it sooner than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment